A Blog About My Journey Riding and Training Sora, My Soulmate

Monday, March 7, 2011

More Good News

It is official! I now have an HR job! I am so excited and I actually start next Monday :) I also got good news from the boarding stable that I was interested in. They have space and are willing to possibly let me work off part of my board which is exactly what I hoped for! Now I just have to find a place for myself and Riley to live.

I also had a short chance to work with Sora today thanks to getting off work a little early. I was working on an AND exercise called "stepping under" which teaches a horse to carry weight on their hind and also is the beginning of teaching shoulder in. If you are interested you can see the video below.



It was actually going pretty well but Sora was nervous and pushy and just wanted treats "no thank you on this moving crap" and finally gave up. I was just about to leave the pasture when she came back over to me and I decided to try one last time, this time with different body language. As usual it was proven to me that I was the one having the problem because with a simple change of body language she side passed perfectly to me. This wasn't really what I was looking for but it was close enough to what I was asking that she got a jackpot :D

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job, financial stability is a good thing.

    This looks kind of like Alexandra Kurland's Why Would You Leave Me game. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both for the congrats!

    smazourek, I will look it up, never heard of it but I know who Alexandra Kurland is, I just haven't studied her :)

    ReplyDelete