A Blog About My Journey Riding and Training Sora, My Soulmate

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hours

and hours and hours away from my girl.

I got sent to Menard's headquarters this week to help with seminars and between the long drive there and back and the amount of hours I worked for the week it was exhausting. I got back last night and passed out on the couch while trying to watch Just Like Heaven. This morning I drove home to pick up Riley from my mom and dad's, who were watching her for the week, and will be making the 2+ hour drive back home again tomorrow.

During the week I had a lot of time to think about Sora and when I got back home I started reading empowered horses again. Things with Sora went really well again the week before and I actually started doing Chase the Tiger with her and she got it! For the first time she was actually willing to chase rather than just being afraid.

I know that I haven't been spending as much time with her as I should and also that I will never reach the goals I have for her and myself if I don't start pushing myself more so I am making a pact with myself to actually drive myself towards those goals rather then always standing back and watching other people reach theirs. I also finally found my dream saddle, which I can't currently afford, and I am going to start saving for it even if the only money I can save is from recycling =D

Dream Saddle ->


which is a Startrekk Espaniola! I will of course trial it to see if I like it as much as I think I will but it has almost every feature I have been looking for in a saddle :)

I am also going to be posting more which will mean that I have to take my computer to McDonalds more since I can't blog on my phone, at least not well, but I am going to try my hardest to make it work. I will also be getting more pictures and hopefully some video of us working as well.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog for awhile....and I love it :)

    I enjoyed reading "Empowered Horses." also -- I think I read it in a day..LOL

    It stinks that life just gets in the way sometimes in spending time with our horses, doesn't it? I am in the same boat as you. My boy lives a good 35min from my house and it's a struggle sometimes to see him as much as I'd like.

    I also enjoy blogging, but do not have a computer and my cell phone is only good for short comments and (sometimes not even those LOL).

    The saddle looks comfy. I would love to hear how it works for you :) ...and looking forward to hearing more about Sora :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment! It is great to hear that there is another person out there that has read empowered horses :D I've been following along with your blog and now just have to make the effort to comment as well :)

    ReplyDelete