A Blog About My Journey Riding and Training Sora, My Soulmate

Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's Like Mount Vesuvius Down There

Soooo, the vet came out today and Sora has an abscess in her front left hoof. At least I was right about where she was lame :P I'm upset that she is hurting but I'm relieved that it's only an abscess and not something worse.

I LOVE my vet! He was really nice, patiently walked me through what to expect and what to do to treat her. He didn't charge that much for diagnosing her and he was very kind to her even though she was hurting.

Don't laugh but in my eleven years of caring for horses I've never had to deal with any kind of health problem! I've never had a horse more than slightly lame where they slightly head bob when trotting and of course never called a vet out for that since that never lasted for more than a couple of days. I haven't had to deal with stitches or any other type of wound like that. Because of that, although I'm not happy about Sora hurting, I am kind of glad that I get this experience now when I can easily deal with it so I have the experience.

I'll try to get a picture of the patient's pink wrapped foot tomorrow. After all a lady has to be fashionable at all times right? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment