A Blog About My Journey Riding and Training Sora, My Soulmate

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not Much News

I don't have too much to report today. I've continued with soaking and bandaging Sora and both of us are getting better at it. Saturday is the last day I need to do anything with her abscess so hopefully that will be the end of that. I'm hoping to start building up her muscle again starting by long periods of walking on the longe and maybe some ponying interspersed with some trotting. I'll wait until she is a little stronger before I climb on her again but hopefully I'll be able to get some more nice riding in before it gets too cold. I do wish our riding season was longer in Minnesota :P

On another note, I finally got Sora's records all straightened up. I bought a three ring binder, some sheet protectors, separators and a pocket for it and proceeded to put all her stuff together. I now have a way of recording her deworming, vet visits, hoof trimming, registration, etc. all in one convenient place. I must be kind of a dork because I had TONS of fun getting it all together and organized and I was kind of excited to put her recent vet visit stuff in there lol!

Now I need to start thinking about bed. I have my internship tomorrow which means that I'll have to be up at 6:00 to get Sora soaked and bandaged before I leave. Hopefully the little princess won't give me any trouble tomorrow when I have to wake her up at such an early hour :D

No comments:

Post a Comment